Edmonton 45/50+ Slo-Pitch Association - ESSPA.ca
2020 Guest/Spare Registration Form
Last Name: ___________________________First Name: ____________________________
Mailing Address: ________________________________City:_________________________
Postal Code: __________ Home Ph: ___________________ Cell Ph: ___________________
E-Mail Address: __________________________________________ Male: ___Female: ____
(used for league communications only)
Date of Birth: _____/_____ /__________ mm/dd/yr (required for insurance purposes)
Divisions: ____ 4- Brawner, ____ 3-Hanson, ____ 2-Hirsch, ____ 1-Cuthbertson, ____ Unknown
Select one or all that apply
In consideration of my being allowed to attend at or participate in any way in this slo-pitch league, I warrant that I am physically fit to participate and of legal age and competent to sign and agree that a benefit is realized by me through attendance at ESSPA events and games. I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns release from liability and agree to indemnify and hold blameless the promoters, all other participants, officials, sponsors, advertisers, league executive, owners and/or operators of the premises and facilities, and each of them and any of their agents, employees or representatives or otherwise, during my participation and/or attendance at the event. In addition, I knowingly and freely assume all risks and full responsibility for my participation and/or attendance, commencing or continuing AND I hereby grant ESSPA and their agents the irrevocable right to use my name, face or other likeness for all purposes. All members are assumed to approve the use of their photo for ESSPA use. If you do not want your photo used by ESSPA for any purpose notification must be made in writing to the Registrar either electronically or by standard mail to be acknowledged by same. I consent to all rules & policies of ESSPA.
Guest allowance: Participation at two games maximum then registration or spare fees are required prior to the next game. Please submit request to: Registrar@esspa.ca or email@example.com
Spare Fee Agreement: I agree to pay an upfront fee of $50 fees for the first 5 games as a spare. I agree to pay an additional $10 per game for each additional game played as a spare in the current Season. An invoice with a spare tally will be provided to me at the end of the regular season for any unpaid games. Payment is due and payable prior to August 31of the current year.
Playoff restriction: Spares are not eligible for playoffs unless they convert to a full membership and participate in a minimum of 6 regular season games as a full member on a team in that division. Spare fees can be applied to a regular pro-rated membership and are due at the time of registration.
Signature: ____________________________________ Date: _________________________
Edmonton 45/50+ Slo-Pitch Association
E D M O N T O N S E N I O R S S L O - P I T C H A S S O C I A T I O N
L A S T R E V I E W E D
G U E S T / S P A R E P O L I C Y A u g 1 0, 2 0 1 8
Successful boards cooperate & follow the rules
To provide an opportunity for players who cannot or do not want to commit to play full time.
Forms & Location
1. A Guest/Spare Registration form which includes a waiver and a table to maintain a Participation
2. Teams to complete the Participation Tally & report to the treasurer.
3. Completed forms will be kept in the equipment room in alphabetical order by last name, first
Fee per Game
Fee per game will be determined by the board, based on a typical number of games per season. The per
game fee will be set at the current registration fee, less the volunteer fees divided by number of games
& rounded as deemed appropriate.
1. Anyone who qualifies for the league can play 2 free guest games.
2. After the two guest games the player will be assigned a division level (by the coach or coaches
they played for) for the purpose of which division they are allowed to spare in (spares can move
up a division but not down, unless agreed on by the two coaches).
3. All guests/spares must complete a Guest/Spare registration form BEFORE participating.
4. Spares must pay an initial 5 game fee BEFORE participating as a full time spare.
5. At the end of each game, a team member should update the participation tally sheet in the
6. At the end of the regular season, the treasurer will prepare and send an invoice, with a copy of
the Guest/Spare registration & Participation Tally, to each spare for any games not paid for.
1. Spares are not eligible for playoffs unless they convert to a full membership and participate in a
minimum of 6 regular season games as a full member on a team in that division. This is to avoid
a team picking up a high-quality spare late in the season just for playoffs.
2. Spares will be charged a guest fee for any ESSPA social function
3. Any spares who do not pay their fees will not be allowed to play in subsequent years until their
fees are paid